Things You Can Do When Your Home Isn’t Selling
- Wait to sell.
- Find renters.
- Rent to own.
- Change your real estate agent.
- If you are relocating for work, inquire about a guaranteed purchase program.
- Consider another mortgage.
- Sell for less than market value.
- It may be time for a short sale.
How do I get rid of a house that won’t sell?
7 Options for You When Your Home Will Not Sell
- Postpone Selling Your Home.
- Consider a New Mortgage.
- Rent Your Home Instead.
- Consider a Short Sale.
- Offer Your Home on a Lease Option.
- Ask Your Employer About Relocation.
- Lower the Price to Under Market Value.
Why is my property not selling?
The most obvious reason for a house not selling is that you’ve valued it too highly. Look through other listings from your local area and see what they are selling for. If similar properties to your own are selling for less than you originally advertised, it might be wise to drop your asking price.
What if I cant sell my house?
You can’t sell your house for what you owe and you don’t have the money to cover the difference, so one of your final options is to call the bank and ask them if they’d agree to a short sale. If they ultimately accept an offer, they often take the hit on the difference between the mortgage amount and the sale price.
Do all houses sell eventually?
To put your mind at rest, all houses will sell eventually. The answer to “do all houses sell eventually” is yes they do, but only at the price equilibrium point. The price equilibrium point sounds a bit fancy, but all it really means is the optimum market price that will generate the right demand for the house to sell.