How much should you work before selling your house?
Repairs Worth Making Before You Sell
- Paint. Paint is one of the cheapest, easiest ways to update the look of your home before you list it.
- Exterior. The exterior is the first thing buyers will see, so you want it to look good.
- Refinishing Hardwood Floors.
- Pre-Sale Inspection.
What should you not do when selling a house?
11 Things Not to Do If You Ever Want to Sell Your House
- Don’t Neglect Curb Appeal. 1/11.
- Don’t Overprice Your Home. 2/11.
- Don’t Skimp on Listing Photos. 3/11.
- Don’t Neglect Repairs. 4/11.
- Don’t Hide Problems in the Home. 5/11.
- Don’t Over-Personalize the Space. 6/11.
- Don’t Refuse to Entertain Low Offers. 7/11.
- Don’t Show Up During Showings. 8/11.
Should I replace the flooring before selling a house?
Not all floor surfaces need to be replaced before putting your home on the market. If you have existing hardwood floors, you are in luck! Even if they’ve been covered for years by carpeting, or have a worn finish, you will be able to make them a real selling point for your home.