A business name is the official name of the person or entity that owns the company.
It is your business’s legal name.
You can add words that describe the kind of business you run, but your personal name must be included.
For example, your name is John Smith, and you own an insurance business.
What is a good name for a business?
Catchy Business Name Ideas
- Product/Industry: eCommerce, Technology, App Developer.
- Product/Industry: Security, Web Security Services.
- Product/Industry: Real Estate.
- Product/Industry: Sales Training, Sales Consulting.
- Product/Industry: Manufacturing.
- Product/Industry: Design Agency, Staffing Tools.
What are some company names?
19 famous companies that originally had different names
- Quantum Computer Services » AOL.
- BackRub » Google.
- Sound of Music » Best Buy.
- Apple Computers » Apple, Inc.
- Research in Motion » Blackberry.
- Brad’s Drink » Pepsi-Cola.
- Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo » Sony.
- Starbucks Coffee, Tea and Spice, Il Giornale Coffee Company » Starbucks.
How do I create a catchy business name?
1. Make it original
- Explore keywords. Twinword has an awesome free keyword tool that can help you find inspiration for your name.
- Consult books. Use a hard copy of a dictionary for inspiration, or even one of your favourite novels.
- Play it up. Another way to achieve originality is with some deliciously fun wordplay.
How do you name a product?
How to Name a Product – 10 Tips for Product Naming Success
- Be Descriptive. The first place most people start when they have to name a product is to simply create a name that describes what the product does.
- Use Real Words with a Twist.
- Add a Prefix or Suffix.
- Create a Compound Word.
- Make up a Word.
- Change Spellings.
- Tweak and Blend Words.
- Use a Place or Person’s Name.
How do I choose a name?
My tips on choosing the right baby name include:
- Avoid passing trends.
- Remember that classic names don’t have to be boring.
- Take a look at your family tree.
- Honor your culture.
- Look up meanings.
- Contemplate all possible nicknames.
- Consider the importance of the middle name.
- Don’t forget about the initials.