- What should you not say when viewing a house?
- What to look for when looking at houses?
- Can you wear jeans as a real estate agent?
- How many times should you view a house before buying?
- Can you take pictures when viewing a house?
- How should a Realtor dress?
- How should a successful realtor dress?
- Do looks matter in real estate?
- How should you act when viewing a house?
- How long should a house viewing last?
- Can you view house after offer accepted?
- What should you not do before buying a house?
- Should home buyers and sellers meet?
- What do I need to bring for a home inspection?
Think business casual
Viewing an apartment doesn’t require formal attire, but don’t show up in street clothes.
Avoid clothing with holes, rips, cuts, wrinkles and stay away from tight or short items.
You should look clean and presentable so professional or business casual attire is best.
What should you not say when viewing a house?
Clarke shares a few things you should not say when house hunting:
- Keep major renovation plans to yourself.
- Refraining from negative commentary on the existing décor.
- Never admit that you’ve found your dream home.
- Be careful who and what you ask.
- Be careful when chatting to any of your potential neighbours.
What to look for when looking at houses?
10 Things to Look for When Buying a House
- Recognize a roof in need of repair.
- Don’t judge a room by its paint job.
- Take its temperature.
- When buying a house, decide on your dealbreakers first.
- Plumbing: what lies beneath.
- Check out the land beforehand.
- Smell the roses (and more)
- Invest in a well-insulated house.
Can you wear jeans as a real estate agent?
There’s a very good reason for this. Jeans are for relaxing, not working. “People can be turned off by a broker’s clothes. If they looked like they just got out of bed or are too casual, it doesn’t give you the feeling that this person is taking care of themselves, you need to be put together.”
How many times should you view a house before buying?
Ultimately, there is no right or wrong answer although it’s almost always a good idea to view a property more than once before making an offer. Typically, people will view houses between 2-4 times before making an offer, but you should view a property as many times as you need to to be sure it’s the right one for you.
Can you take pictures when viewing a house?
Don’t take photos without permission
There’s a lot to take in when viewing a house. Taking pictures can be a good way to make sure you don’t miss anything. Or avoid getting mixed up between properties if you’re viewing multiple.
How should a Realtor dress?
Clothing advice: Consider your audience before you set a dress code for the day. No matter the situation, most agents opt for business casual. Simple khakis and a button-down shirt usually fall in the safe zone for real estate wardrobes. For women, a pencil skirt or dress pants with a nice top is usually appropriate.
How should a successful realtor dress?
If you’re spending the day in the office doing paperwork and making follow up calls, you can often wear business casual attire. Business casual for men encompasses dress slacks or chinos, button-down shirt, dressy polo shirt, jacket optional, dark socks, and dress shoes.
Do looks matter in real estate?
A recent study co-authored by researchers from three American universities found that physically-attractive real estate agents listed homes that were on average $20,275 more expensive than listings secured by their average-looking counterparts, all else being equal.
How should you act when viewing a house?
House viewing tips
- Drive by. First impressions shouldn’t be underestimated.
- Be prepared. Make a list of all the things that are important to you and any questions you want to ask before the house viewing.
- Take a friend. Never go to a viewing alone.
- Check the outside of the property.
- Be thorough.
How long should a house viewing last?
Typically, a first viewing may only last 20-30 minutes whereas later viewings may need you to spend 60 minutes or more at the property.
Can you view house after offer accepted?
Once you’ve had an offer accepted and want to start measuring up to see if you’ll get your sofa in, then it’s fine. In fact, it’s to be encouraged as it proves to the vendor that you’re serious.
What should you not do before buying a house?
Watch Out! – 14 Things to Avoid Before Buying a House
- Don’t miss loan payments.
- Be careful before you consolidate your debt.
- Avoid changing jobs.
- Don’t shift your finances around before getting the loan.
- Don’t start banking at a new institution.
- Avoid buying a car.
- Don’t buy furniture or household goods on credit.
Should home buyers and sellers meet?
Most real estate agents advise sellers to disappear when their home is being shown to a potential buyer. And buyers are usually cautioned by their real estate agent not to talk with sellers if they should run into them during a showing. They want their real estate agent to act as the intermediary.
What do I need to bring for a home inspection?
When attending an open for inspection, there are a few essentials to bring with you: A tape measure, a note pad, a phone to take photos, and of course, an enquiring mind.