What paperwork do I need to sell my house myself?
Documents You Need to Gather Before Listing Your Home
- Original Sales Contract.
- Professional Appraisal From The Original Purchase of Your Home.
- Mortgage Statement (Payoff Amount)
- Homeowners Insurance Records.
- Homeowners Association Documents.
- Home Repair and Maintenance Records.
- Receipts for Capital Improvements.
What are the steps to sell a house by owner?
With that fact in mind, let’s look at five steps involved to sell your house yourself.
- Step 1: Determine the fair market value of your home. You must get this step right.
- Step 2: Prepare the home for sale.
- Step 3: Market the home for sale.
- Step 4: Negotiate the sale.
- Step 5: Handle the closing.
How do I sell my house without a realtor?
- Step 1: Prepare Your House to Be Marketed.
- Step 2: Price Your Home Competitively, to Sell.
- Step 3: Get a Flat Fee Listing from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Step 4: Market Your Property.
- Step 5: Hold an Open House.
- Step 6: Know the Selling Points of Your Property.
- Step 7: Negotiate With the Buyer Yourself.
Should I sell my house myself or use a Realtor?
One way to save money is to avoid paying a real estate agent the full 3 percent commission to sell your home (you’ll still need to pay the buyer’s agent a 3 percent commission fee, unless the buyer didn’t use an agent). To avoid paying 3 percent to a listing agent all together, you can sell your house by owner.