- Is there a high demand for home inspectors?
- What is the job outlook for a home inspector?
- Do Home Inspectors make good money?
- Is a home inspector a good career?
- How many hours a week do home inspectors work?
- Is it hard to get a job as a home inspector?
- How long does it take to get a home inspection license?
- How do home inspectors find work?
- Whats it like being a home inspector?
- Is home inspection a good part time job?
- How many home inspections can you do in a day?
- How do I start a home inspection business?
- Is being a home inspector dangerous?
- How much does a home inspector cost?
- Can you become a home inspector without construction experience?
Is there a high demand for home inspectors?
There’s currently a high demand for certified home inspectors throughout the country, although that hasn’t always been the situation.
Of these, the highest 10% of inspectors earned more than $97,000 per year, while those in the lowest 10% brought in less than $35,000 per year.
What is the job outlook for a home inspector?
Home inspection job outlook: 5 Fast facts
|Degree required||High school or equivalent|
|Projected growth||10% growth by 2026 (2% above national average)|
|Average salary||The average home inspector salary is $58,000 (16% above the national average)|
2 more rows
Do Home Inspectors make good money?
The average home inspector salary in the U.S. is about $58,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov). You’ll make about $450 bucks per inspection. You’ll earn about 28 bucks per hour. On average.
Is a home inspector a good career?
Home inspection is a great career choice for so many reasons including high-income potential, a stable industry, flexible schedules, and the ability to work for yourself.
How many hours a week do home inspectors work?
How many hours a week do home inspectors work? I usually work around 13 hours a day. Six days a week at that pace is around 78 – 80 hours a week.
Is it hard to get a job as a home inspector?
Whether or not you have experience in a related field, you can become a home inspector with ABCHI. With our hands on training program, you will gain the knowledge and experience required for you to become a confident inspector. We tell them no, but it takes hard work and hands on training to become a great inspector.
How long does it take to get a home inspection license?
three to four weeks
How do home inspectors find work?
Getting employment as a home inspector is not always easy, however.
- Get a license.
- Become a member of a home inspectors association (see Resources).
- Diversify your business.
- Contact local real estate agents and lenders.
- Sing up at online home inspector sites.
- Advertise in local newspapers and the Yellow Pages.
Whats it like being a home inspector?
A typical home inspector spends his or her day in a wide-range of activities like inspecting homes for buyers, writing reports, speaking with prospective clients, and marketing to consumers and real estate agents. You should expect long days, long drives, physical demands, and that you will make mistakes.
Is home inspection a good part time job?
Property inspection can be a rewarding career when done with total commitment. As a part-time job, it can pose serious problems for the inspector and for every inspection customer.
How many home inspections can you do in a day?
Depending on the size of your business, you might have as many as three or four home inspections per day.
How do I start a home inspection business?
5 More Ways You Can Grow Your Home Inspection Business
- Use marketing to attract more customers.
- Nurture your referral base.
- Raise your home inspection fees.
- Add new home inspection services.
- Start inspecting commercial buildings.
Is being a home inspector dangerous?
More often, the general home inspection happens first, and that puts you at risk of breathing in dangerous particles and gases. Exposure in one home might be nothing to worry about. But exposure can build up over many houses through the years.
How much does a home inspector cost?
Typically, the buyer is responsible for bearing the cost of a home inspection, unless other arrangements are made with the seller. You can expect to pay anywhere from $300 to $500 for a home inspection, depending on the size, location and age of the home.
Can you become a home inspector without construction experience?
Entering the home inspection profession without building experience is not easy. Most states currently have licensing or certification requirements for home inspectors, but some do not. You can check this out online. Be forewarned that the primary pothole in the roadway of professional home inspection is liability.