Real Estate Agents Make a Good Income
Pros: Your income isn’t limited by an hourly wage or a corporate-dictated salary range.
As a real estate salesperson, your income is largely dictated by the time you invest.
Most new real estate agents need a nest egg to begin their careers.
Is it worth it being a Realtor?
Being a realtor is great if you like houses and enjoy working with people, but it’s not always the dream job some imagine it to be. Selling real estate is more work that you might imagine and, although there are some very successful real estate agents, there are many who struggle just to make ends meet.
What are the pros and cons of being a real estate agent?
- Pro: You have the flexibility to choose your own schedule.
- Con: Without set hours, you might end up working more.
- Pro: You have unlimited income potential.
- Con: You have no safety net in the slow periods.
- Pro: You get to help make dreams come true.
- Con: Buying and selling can be stressful for clients.
How much do most Realtors make?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average real estate agent earns $45,990 each year, but the range in income is massive. One-tenth of real estate agents earned less than $23,000, and 10% earned more than $110,000.
Should I be a car salesman or a real estate agent?
The difference between the two is generally a real estate person wants to help a buyer achieve his or her goal. Car sales sell product. A real estate agent forms a fiduciary relationship together; car sales people do not.