- How much money can you make being a home inspector?
- How much do independent home inspectors make?
- How much does a part time home inspector make?
- Is being a home inspector profitable?
- How many hours a week does a home inspector work?
- Is a home inspector a good career?
- How hard is the national home inspector exam?
- How do I start a home inspection business?
- How long does it take to get a home inspection license?
How much money can you make being a home inspector?
The average home inspector salary in the U.S.
is about $58,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov).
You’ll make about $450 bucks per inspection.
How much do independent home inspectors make?
As an independent, you’ll need to find your own work and clients, but it can pay off handsomely—we found the average home inspector makes over $70,000 a year.
How much does a part time home inspector make?
According to the online job posting service ZipRecruiter®, part-time home inspectors’ earnings range from $12,500 and $100,500 annually, with the national part-time inspector’s income averaging $47,600 a year as of April 2019.
Is being a home inspector profitable?
For example, certified home inspector ancillary services such as radon, termite, and air quality inspections boost your market relevance and value. If the real estate market is limp, you’ll work harder to turn a profit. The median compensation for building inspectors in 2016 is $58,480 annually or $28.12 per hour.
How many hours a week does a home inspector work?
If you work as an inspector for someone else’s business, you can expect to work around 50 – 60 hours a week. As you can see in the schedule above, the days are long. You have to like the work you are doing to make it through a 13 hour day, every day of the week.
Is a home inspector a good career?
Home inspection is a great career choice for so many reasons including high-income potential, a stable industry, flexible schedules, and the ability to work for yourself.
How hard is the national home inspector exam?
This method takes the raw score (the number of questions answered correctly) and converts it to a score between 200 and 800, with a passing scaled score of 500. If, for one version of the exam, the determined raw passing score is 86, that score is then converted to the passing scaled score of 500.
How do I start a home inspection business?
5 More Ways You Can Grow Your Home Inspection Business
- Use marketing to attract more customers.
- Nurture your referral base.
- Raise your home inspection fees.
- Add new home inspection services.
- Start inspecting commercial buildings.
How long does it take to get a home inspection license?
three to four weeks