- How much do home inspectors make per hour?
- Can I work part time as a home inspector?
- Do Home Inspectors make good money?
- Is home inspector a good job?
- How much does a part time home inspector make?
- How long does it take to get a home inspection license?
- Does a home inspector need to be bonded?
- Do Home Inspectors work for themselves?
- How do I get a home inspection job?
- How hard is the home inspector exam?
- How many home inspections can you do in a day?
- What is it like being a home inspector?
- What is the job outlook for a home inspector?
- How much does a home inspector cost?
- What are home inspectors liable for?
- Is it hard to get a job as a home inspector?
- How do you become an inspector?
- How much does a home inspector make in Florida?
How many hours a week do home inspectors work?
I usually work around 13 hours a day.
Six days a week at that pace is around 78 – 80 hours a week.
How much do home inspectors make per hour?
The average home inspector salary in the U.S. is about $58,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov). You’ll make about $450 bucks per inspection. You’ll earn about 28 bucks per hour.
Can I work part time as a home inspector?
As a part-time job, it can pose serious problems for the inspector and for every inspection customer. Besides making a full-time commitment, those who embark on a home inspection career should receive as much training as possible before making their professional debut.
Do Home Inspectors make good money?
To balance out the risks involved, home inspectors earn an average salary of anywhere between $50,000 and $64,000 per year with benefits for home inspectors employed privately or by the government including medical or health insurance, paid annual leave and a retirement plan.
Is home inspector a good job?
Home inspection is a great career choice for so many reasons including high-income potential, a stable industry, flexible schedules, and the ability to work for yourself.
How much does a part time home inspector make?
According to the online job posting service ZipRecruiter®, part-time home inspectors’ earnings range from $12,500 and $100,500 annually, with the national part-time inspector’s income averaging $47,600 a year as of April 2019.
How long does it take to get a home inspection license?
three to four weeks
Does a home inspector need to be bonded?
A home inspector is not required to be bonded or insured. However, it’s very wise to look for a home inspector who is. This means that the company has insurance and has secured money to an insurance company in the case that they are sued by a client for their work.
Do Home Inspectors work for themselves?
As a home inspector, you can work for yourself (as your own small business) or work for a home inspection company. You’ll need to build relationships with homeowners, homebuyers, and real estate agents—these are the people who will call on you when they need an inspection done.
How do I get a home inspection job?
Getting employment as a home inspector is not always easy, however.
- Get a license.
- Become a member of a home inspectors association (see Resources).
- Diversify your business.
- Contact local real estate agents and lenders.
- Sing up at online home inspector sites.
- Advertise in local newspapers and the Yellow Pages.
How hard is the home inspector exam?
The exam is scored on a scale from 200 to 800 with 500 necessary to pass. You will receive a copy of your score report immediately after completing the exam. Score reports vary by state and testing center.
How many home inspections can you do in a day?
Depending on the size of your business, you might have as many as three or four home inspections per day.
What is it like being a home inspector?
A typical home inspector spends his or her day in a wide-range of activities like inspecting homes for buyers, writing reports, speaking with prospective clients, and marketing to consumers and real estate agents. You should expect long days, long drives, physical demands, and that you will make mistakes.
What is the job outlook for a home inspector?
Home inspection job outlook: 5 Fast facts
|Degree required||High school or equivalent|
|Projected growth||10% growth by 2026 (2% above national average)|
|Average salary||The average home inspector salary is $58,000 (16% above the national average)|
2 more rows
How much does a home inspector cost?
Typically, the buyer is responsible for bearing the cost of a home inspection, unless other arrangements are made with the seller. You can expect to pay anywhere from $300 to $500 for a home inspection, depending on the size, location and age of the home.
What are home inspectors liable for?
Liability. The real estate home inspector is liable if he misses any problems, whether major or minor, with any of the items on his checklist. Some might be minor, like a leaky faucet, that a buyer would overlook and not pursue. The inspector’s mistake will cause the buyer to have to purchase a new furnace.
Is it hard to get a job as a home inspector?
Whether or not you have experience in a related field, you can become a home inspector with ABCHI. With our hands on training program, you will gain the knowledge and experience required for you to become a confident inspector. We tell them no, but it takes hard work and hands on training to become a great inspector.
How do you become an inspector?
Steps to Becoming a Building Inspector
- Step 1: Obtain Postsecondary Education.
- Step 2: Obtain Work Experience.
- Step 3: Get Building Inspector Training.
- Step 4: Obtain Certification or Licensure.
- Step 5: Maintain Licensure or Certification.
- Step 6: Earn a Bachelor’s Degree.
How much does a home inspector make in Florida?
The average annual salary for a home inspector in the state of Florida is $56,980 per year or $27.40 per hour. Of course, if average is your goal, you won’t be self employed for long. You stand to make much more when you become the BEST.