As one of many enclosed alphanumerics, the symbol is an “R” within a circle.
The symbols can be generated with the unicode definitions:
- U+24C7 Ⓡ CIRCLED LATIN CAPITAL LETTER R (HTML Ⓡ )
- U+24E1 ⓡ CIRCLED LATIN SMALL LETTER R (HTML ⓡ )
- U+00AE ® REGISTERED SIGN (HTML ® · ® )
How do you type the R with a circle around it?
Registered Trademark Symbol
- Type (r) and the automatic correction function creates the symbol.
- Hold down the left ALT key while typing 0174 on the numeric section (usually on the right side) of your keyboard.
- As you write your document, one of the tabs along top of your screen is the INSERT tab.
What does R with circle mean?
It stands for “registered” meaning that the trade mark is registered in the appropriate Patent Office. The entrepreneur who obtained the Certificate of Registration may or may not place nearby of its trademark the letter R in the circle. It stands for a “trademark”.
How do you type an R in a circle on an Iphone?
Now, look to the right of your emojis menu and tap on the option with the musical note and percentage sign in it.
- Next, tap on the R symbol that’s inside a circle; that’s the registered trademark symbol.
- The symbol will appear in your message!
What does ™ mean?
The trademark symbol (™) is a symbol to indicate that the preceding mark is a trademark. It is usually used for unregistered trademarks, as opposed to the registered trademark symbol (®) which is reserved for trademarks registered with the appropriate government agency.
How do I make the R symbol?
How to Type the Registered Trademark Symbol
- Hold down the “Alt” key and type 0174 using the number pad on the right of the keyboard if using a Windows-based computer.
- Hold down the “Option” key in the lower row of the keyboard and press “R” if using a Macintosh computer.
What is the main difference between the R and TM symbols?
You do not have to have registered a trademark to use it and many companies will opt to use the TM symbol for new goods or services in advance of and during the application process. The R symbol indicates that this word, phrase or logo is a registered trademark for the product or service.