How does private sale work?
Buying or selling a house privately – without using an estate agent – is called a private sale. Every part of the sale process, including advertising the property, arranging viewings and handling negotiations, is managed by the seller, rather than a third-party agent.
What paperwork do I need to sell my house myself?
Documents You Need to Gather Before Listing Your Home
- Original Sales Contract.
- Professional Appraisal From The Original Purchase of Your Home.
- Mortgage Statement (Payoff Amount)
- Homeowners Insurance Records.
- Homeowners Association Documents.
- Home Repair and Maintenance Records.
- Receipts for Capital Improvements.
What is a private house sale?
A private home sale simply means that we were purchasing the home directly from the owners—without the assistance of a real estate agent on either side.