- To insert the copyright symbol, press Ctrl+Alt+C.
- To insert the trademark symbol, press Ctrl+Alt+T.
- To insert the registered trademark symbol, press Ctrl+Alt+R.
How do you make an R in a circle in Word?
How to Type the Characters
- Type (r) and the automatic correction function creates the symbol.
- Hold down the left ALT key while typing 0174 on the numeric section (usually on the right side) of your keyboard.
- As you write your document, one of the tabs along top of your screen is the INSERT tab.
What does R with circle mean?
It stands for “registered” meaning that the trade mark is registered in the appropriate Patent Office. The entrepreneur who obtained the Certificate of Registration may or may not place nearby of its trademark the letter R in the circle. It stands for a “trademark”.
What does ™ mean?
The trademark symbol (™) is a symbol to indicate that the preceding mark is a trademark. It is usually used for unregistered trademarks, as opposed to the registered trademark symbol (®) which is reserved for trademarks registered with the appropriate government agency.
What is the C with a circle around it?
When you write a “C” with a circle around the letter, or use the word “copyright,” you are giving notice to the public that the work is copyrighted and that you are the owner of the work. Next to the symbol, owners should include the year of first publication and the owner’s full name.
How do I make the R symbol?
Inserting a copyright, registered or trademark symbol in any Windows applications
- For the Copyright symbol (©) Hold the Alt key down and type 0169.
- For the Trademark symbol (TM) Hold the Alt key down and type 0153.
- For the Registered symbol (®) Hold the Alt key down and type 0174.
How do I type the R symbol?
To type the trademark symbol in Microsoft Office applications, like Word, press “Ctrl”+“Alt”+”T” for the trademark symbol, or “Ctrl”+”Alt”+”R” for the registered trademark symbol. Alternatively, you can type “(tm)” or “(r)” to do the same thing.