- Look for a certified Realtor.
- Choose a Realtor from a reputable real estate office.
- Ask for a marketing plan.
- Check references.
- Consider the agent’s experience and capabilities.
- Avoid agents representing both buyer and seller.
How do I find the best Realtor to sell my home?
Consider these steps for finding the right agent:
- Check out the local housing market in person.
- Mingle with listing agents at open houses.
- Compare agent reviews.
- Ask for referrals.
- Interview at least three agents.
- Ask the right questions.
- Share your communication preferences.
- Clarify your motivation for selling.
How do you interview a realtor to sell your house?
Here are the topics you want to discuss:
- The agent’s training and background.
- The agent’s experience.
- Recommended sales price for your home.
- Houses that the agent has sold within the last year (addresses and prices).
- Suggested marketing plan.
- Recommended prep work you’ll need to do before listing the house.
How can I sell my house faster with a Realtor?
How to sell your house
- Decide if you’re really ready to sell.
- Check Zillow Offers to consider a quick, convenient sale.
- Find the right real estate agent.
- Choose the right time to sell your house.
- Declutter your home.
- Remove personalized items for your house.
- Invest in temporary outside storage.
Should I use a Realtor to sell my house?
One way to save money is to avoid paying a real estate agent the full 3 percent commission to sell your home (you’ll still need to pay the buyer’s agent a 3 percent commission fee, unless the buyer didn’t use an agent). To avoid paying 3 percent to a listing agent all together, you can sell your house by owner.