- Do Home Inspectors make good money?
- Is home inspector a good career?
- How do I become a residential inspector?
- How much does it cost to start a home inspection business?
- How many hours a week does a home inspector work?
- How hard is the national home inspector exam?
- Is being a home inspector easy?
- Is there a shortage of home inspectors?
- Is it hard to get a job as a home inspector?
- What are home inspectors not allowed to do?
- How much does a home inspector cost?
- Can anyone be a home inspector?
- How much do self employed home inspectors make?
- How do home inspectors get clients?
- How much do part time home inspectors make?
- Is being a home inspector dangerous?
- How do home inspectors get work?
- How long does it take to get a home inspection license?
- Where can I take the National Home Inspectors exam?
- How do I register for the National Home Inspector Exam?
- How many questions are on the NHIE?
How to Become a Home Inspector: take these 5 steps and work for YOURSELF.
- Build Your Skills.
- Research home inspector license requirements in your state.
- Study up with pre-licensing home inspection classes.
- Get a home inspection certification & get educated.
- Make sure you stay certified by getting Liability/E&O insurance.
Do Home Inspectors make good money?
The average home inspector salary in the U.S. is about $58,000, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov). You’ll make about $450 bucks per inspection. You’ll earn about 28 bucks per hour. On average.
Is home inspector a good career?
Home inspection is a great career choice for so many reasons including high-income potential, a stable industry, flexible schedules, and the ability to work for yourself.
How do I become a residential inspector?
How to Become a Home Inspector in 8 Steps
- Confirm the Licensing Requirements in Your State.
- Increase Your Knowledge of Construction.
- Develop Your People Skills & Build Relationships.
- Find Courses & Training That Work for You.
- Pass Your State’s Home Inspection Licensing Exam.
- Join ASHI.
- Choose Your Career Path.
- Never Stop Learning With CE Opportunities.
How much does it cost to start a home inspection business?
Home Inspection Business Startup Costs:
Start-up costs will vary, but you can successfully start the business with as little as $500. On average, startup costs may be about $5,000-$8,0000.
How many hours a week does a home inspector work?
If you work as an inspector for someone else’s business, you can expect to work around 50 – 60 hours a week. As you can see in the schedule above, the days are long. You have to like the work you are doing to make it through a 13 hour day, every day of the week.
How hard is the national home inspector exam?
This method takes the raw score (the number of questions answered correctly) and converts it to a score between 200 and 800, with a passing scaled score of 500. If, for one version of the exam, the determined raw passing score is 86, that score is then converted to the passing scaled score of 500.
Is being a home inspector easy?
If you’re sitting on the fence but need to know a little more, here’s a typical day in the life of a home inspector. It’s not an easy job, but it might be one of the most fulfilling things you’ve ever done. Unless you’ve got an early home inspection appointment, you’ll probably start your day tending to office work.
Is there a shortage of home inspectors?
There is no shortage of home inspector associations. One of the best known and oldest organizations is the American Society of Home Inspectors.
Is it hard to get a job as a home inspector?
Whether or not you have experience in a related field, you can become a home inspector with ABCHI. With our hands on training program, you will gain the knowledge and experience required for you to become a confident inspector. We tell them no, but it takes hard work and hands on training to become a great inspector.
What are home inspectors not allowed to do?
During an inspection, a home inspector is not able to move furniture or cause damage to any part of the home; home inspections are visual inspections. This means that a home inspector will not be able to tell if there is a defect behind the drywall, or under the carpet or floorboards of the subject property.
How much does a home inspector cost?
Typically, the buyer is responsible for bearing the cost of a home inspection, unless other arrangements are made with the seller. You can expect to pay anywhere from $300 to $500 for a home inspection, depending on the size, location and age of the home.
Can anyone be a home inspector?
There’s no national standard for certification. Every state has different requirements to become a house inspector. Some states only require 60 hours of education; some require almost 200. Some require you to pass the national exam; some have their own exam for you to pass, too.
How much do self employed home inspectors make?
You can also be employed by government organizations and private companies. Pay: The pay for home inspectors varies according to state and depends on whether you work for a private company, government organization or are self employed. The average salary however for a home inspector is $58,000 annually.
How do home inspectors get clients?
How to Market a Home Inspection Business
- Network With Real Estate Agents. Expand your client base by networking with real estate agents.
- Market Complementary Services. Think about complementary products and services your home inspection business could offer that add value to your customers.
- Use Targeted Advertising.
- Consider Local Sponsorship.
How much do part time home inspectors make?
According to the online job posting service ZipRecruiter®, part-time home inspectors’ earnings range from $12,500 and $100,500 annually, with the national part-time inspector’s income averaging $47,600 a year as of April 2019.
Is being a home inspector dangerous?
More often, the general home inspection happens first, and that puts you at risk of breathing in dangerous particles and gases. Exposure in one home might be nothing to worry about. But exposure can build up over many houses through the years.
How do home inspectors get work?
Getting employment as a home inspector is not always easy, however.
- Get a license.
- Become a member of a home inspectors association (see Resources).
- Diversify your business.
- Contact local real estate agents and lenders.
- Sing up at online home inspector sites.
- Advertise in local newspapers and the Yellow Pages.
How long does it take to get a home inspection license?
three to four weeks
Where can I take the National Home Inspectors exam?
Illinois, South Dakota, Washington, and Canada: The Home Inspector Examination in Illinois, South Dakota, Washington, and Canada is administered by Applied Measurement Professionals (AMP). Florida, Texas and Nevada: The Home Inspector Examination in Florida, Texas and Nevada is administered by PearsonVUE.
How do I register for the National Home Inspector Exam?
About the examination
- For the National Home Inspector Examination, visit www.homeinspectionexam.org to register and find complete information about the exam, or call toll-free 877-543-5222 or 847-298-7750.
- To register for the NHIE follow the instructions below or check with your individual state.
- You will receive a confirmation number.
How many questions are on the NHIE?