- How do you detect mold in a house?
- Can you get sick from mold in your house?
- How do you know if mold is making you sick?
- What do you do if you have mold in your house?
- What is the difference between mold and mildew?
- How do you tell if your house is making you sick?
- Will a dehumidifier get rid of damp?
- Does mold make you tired?
- What type of cancer does mold cause?
How do you detect mold in a house?
A mildewed surface is often difficult to distinguish from a dirty one. To test for mold and mildew and how to tell if your house has mold, simply dab a few drops of household bleach on the blackened area. If it lightens after one to two minutes, you have mildew. If the area remains dark, you probably have dirt.
Can you get sick from mold in your house?
In some cases, mold in your home can make you sick, especially if you have allergies or asthma. Whether or not you’re allergic to molds, mold exposure can irritate your eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs.
How do you know if mold is making you sick?
If your Total Body Burden is high, or you are genetically predisposed to recycling toxins, regular exposure to mold can cause allergy symptoms, such as:
- Wheezing/shortness of breath.
- Watery eyes.
- Runny nose.
- Itchy eyes.
- Redness of the eyes.
- Long standing or frequent sinusitis.
What do you do if you have mold in your house?
To clean or remove mold: Wipe hard surfaces with a suitable commercial product, soap and water, or a heavily diluted bleach solution. Always dry the surfaces after use to prevent mold from reappearing. Wash or wipe porous surfaces and check regularly to see if mold has returned, as it can infiltrate these materials.
What is the difference between mold and mildew?
Mildew is typically white, gray or yellow and grows on the surface of moist, warm areas. Its texture is fluffy or powdery. On the other hand, mold tends to be green or black, and it usually grows underneath the surface of anything that has gotten wet. Its texture can be fuzzy or slimy.
How do you tell if your house is making you sick?
- Respiratory Symptoms – congestion, aggravated asthma or allergies, sinus infections.
- Cognitive Issues – foggy thinking, sleep disturbance, frequent headaches.
- Emotional Changes – feeling agitated or depressed.
- Physical Symptoms – stomach discomfort, muscle aches, fatigue, rashes, sore throat.
Will a dehumidifier get rid of damp?
A dehumidifier will extract moisture from the air, a bit like a tumble dryer extracts moisture from clothing. This will help your home dry out much faster. If you’re damp problem was caused by condensation in the first place, then a dehumidifier will solve the problem without you having to get the landlord involved.
Does mold make you tired?
Symptoms of Mold Exposure. Fatigue and Weakness – On their own, fatigue and weakness aren’t enough to be symptoms of mold exposure. Tiredness is often a response to poor sleep habits or simply taking on too many things at once.
What type of cancer does mold cause?
Mold spores also produce toxins (mycotoxins) that can affect the lungs, skin, and nervous system. But we have no definitive evidence linking them to specific diseases — and no evidence that mold spores cause lung cancer. Exposure to tobacco smoke is the biggest risk factor for lung cancer.