8 Surefire Ways to Get More Showings
- Confirm the Listing Is Ready to Be Put on the Market.
- Market the Listing as Desirable.
- Think outside the Box and Use Technology.
- Make the Listing Easy to Show.
- Let Neighbors Know the Home is Available.
- Know the Market When Setting the Price.
- Offer a Competitive Buyer’s Agent Commission.
Why am I not getting any showings of my house?
Let’s get straight to the biggest issue: In almost every case, the reason your house isn’t getting showings is because it’s priced too high. Again, the lack of interest has nothing to do with your home. It has to do with the price of the home compared to similar properties within your market.
How do you keep your house clean for showings?
Best Tips for Keeping Your House Clean and Ready for Showings
- Simple & Easy Clutter Pick Up. Keep a laundry basket handy to pick up and store all the everyday items.
- Refresh the Odor in Your Rooms. A few of you asked how we manage to hide the smells between home showings.
- Create the Illusion of Clean.
- Keep Counters Clear.
- Clean the Visible Dirtiness.
- Repeat the Routine.
Are second showings a good sign?
This one goes without say, but anytime a buyer requests a second viewing, it’s an excellent sign. A buyer isn’t going to go back to a property a second time unless they’re really interested in it. You can get especially excited if your potential buyer asks to bring along friends or family members for a second showing.
What day of the week do most house showings occur?
Homes listed on Thursday sold an average of five days faster than homes listed on Sunday. Redfin also found homes listed Thursday were more likely to sell within 90 to 180 days.
What can you do if your house won’t sell?
Things You Can Do When Your Home Isn’t Selling
- Wait to sell.
- Find renters.
- Rent to own.
- Change your real estate agent.
- If you are relocating for work, inquire about a guaranteed purchase program.
- Consider another mortgage.
- Sell for less than market value.
- It may be time for a short sale.
How can I increase my chances of selling my house?
Check selling and asking prices to get a sense of the market.
- 2 Choose your estate agent carefully.
- 3 Negotiate.
- 4 Use your estate agent wisely.
- 5 Put your house in order.
- 6 Avoid definite turn-offs for buyers.
- 7 Be clear, and be ready.
- 8 Beware of gazundering.
- 9 Avoid getting caught in long chains.