- How much do home inspector owners make?
- Is home inspector a good career?
- Is there a high demand for home inspectors?
- How many hours a week do home inspectors work?
- How hard is the national home inspector exam?
- How do I start a home inspection business?
- Is it hard to get a job as a home inspector?
- Is home inspection a good part time job?
- How many home inspections can you do in a day?
- How long does it take to get a home inspection license?
- How do home inspectors get clients?
- Is being a home inspector dangerous?
- How many questions are on the NHIE?
- Where can I take the National Home Inspectors exam?
- How do I register for the National Home Inspector Exam?
How much do home inspector owners make?
Home Inspector Salary Information
To balance out the risks involved, home inspectors earn an average salary of anywhere between $50,000 and $64,000 per year with benefits for home inspectors employed privately or by the government including medical or health insurance, paid annual leave and a retirement plan.
Is home inspector a good career?
Home inspection is a great career choice for so many reasons including high-income potential, a stable industry, flexible schedules, and the ability to work for yourself.
Is there a high demand for home inspectors?
There’s currently a high demand for certified home inspectors throughout the country, although that hasn’t always been the situation. Of these, the highest 10% of inspectors earned more than $97,000 per year, while those in the lowest 10% brought in less than $35,000 per year.
How many hours a week do home inspectors work?
How many hours a week do home inspectors work? I usually work around 13 hours a day. Six days a week at that pace is around 78 – 80 hours a week.
How hard is the national home inspector exam?
This method takes the raw score (the number of questions answered correctly) and converts it to a score between 200 and 800, with a passing scaled score of 500. If, for one version of the exam, the determined raw passing score is 86, that score is then converted to the passing scaled score of 500.
How do I start a home inspection business?
5 More Ways You Can Grow Your Home Inspection Business
- Use marketing to attract more customers.
- Nurture your referral base.
- Raise your home inspection fees.
- Add new home inspection services.
- Start inspecting commercial buildings.
Is it hard to get a job as a home inspector?
Whether or not you have experience in a related field, you can become a home inspector with ABCHI. With our hands on training program, you will gain the knowledge and experience required for you to become a confident inspector. We tell them no, but it takes hard work and hands on training to become a great inspector.
Is home inspection a good part time job?
Property inspection can be a rewarding career when done with total commitment. As a part-time job, it can pose serious problems for the inspector and for every inspection customer.
How many home inspections can you do in a day?
Depending on the size of your business, you might have as many as three or four home inspections per day.
How long does it take to get a home inspection license?
three to four weeks
How do home inspectors get clients?
How to Market a Home Inspection Business
- Network With Real Estate Agents. Expand your client base by networking with real estate agents.
- Market Complementary Services. Think about complementary products and services your home inspection business could offer that add value to your customers.
- Use Targeted Advertising.
- Consider Local Sponsorship.
Is being a home inspector dangerous?
More often, the general home inspection happens first, and that puts you at risk of breathing in dangerous particles and gases. Exposure in one home might be nothing to worry about. But exposure can build up over many houses through the years.
How many questions are on the NHIE?
Where can I take the National Home Inspectors exam?
Illinois, South Dakota, Washington, and Canada: The Home Inspector Examination in Illinois, South Dakota, Washington, and Canada is administered by Applied Measurement Professionals (AMP). Florida, Texas and Nevada: The Home Inspector Examination in Florida, Texas and Nevada is administered by PearsonVUE.
How do I register for the National Home Inspector Exam?
About the examination
- For the National Home Inspector Examination, visit www.homeinspectionexam.org to register and find complete information about the exam, or call toll-free 877-543-5222 or 847-298-7750.
- To register for the NHIE follow the instructions below or check with your individual state.
- You will receive a confirmation number.