- Do estate agents have to tell you about problems?
- Do estate agents have to tell you if someone was murdered UK?
- Should you tell Estate Agents your budget?
- How do you know if your realtor is working for you?
- Can estate agents lie about offers?
- Can an estate agent tell you about other offers?
- Do you have to tell renters someone died in the house?
- Do Realtors have to tell you if someone was murdered in a house?
- What do you legally have to disclose when selling a house UK?
- What should you not say when viewing a house?
- What should you not say when buying a house?
- Can you trust your Realtor?
Estate agents are legally bound to tell the truth so it is important that you are asking the right questions.
To ensure you have all the information to hand, here are some brilliant questions to ask your estate agent before you buy your dream home.
Do estate agents have to tell you about problems?
Buyers can now expect estate agents to investigate potential problems they think might become an issue, such as suspicions of damp or probable leaks. Although it may be hard to prove that your estate agent had a suspicion unless they specifically tell you so.
Do estate agents have to tell you if someone was murdered UK?
Under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (CPRs), property vendors and estate agents are obliged to disclose any information that can decrease the value of the property or affect its enjoyment. Among other things, this also includes murder and suicide in the property.
Should you tell Estate Agents your budget?
The number one thing you should never tell a real estate agent is your budget, or the highest you’ll go. If a property is advertised as $660,000 but you have a $700,000 budget and make this information known to the agent, they’ll know you have an extra $40,000 to work with.
How do you know if your realtor is working for you?
- The Realtor is rarely available for showings.
- They don’t seem to have any sort of marketing know-how.
- They lack negotiation skills.
- They’re a little too green.
- The listing agent doesn’t understand the home’s market value.
- The Realtor is too pushy.
- They aren’t familiar with the area.
Can estate agents lie about offers?
interest and/or offers from FTBs without finance in place. Their code of practice means they’re not allowed to lie about the existence of offers but of course they all do because there’s no way for you to prove they’re lying. Remember how to tell if an estate agent is lying their lips will be moving.
Can an estate agent tell you about other offers?
Estate Agents can’t legally tell you how much the other offers were for, but they will usually indicate if they were close to the asking price, which can help to inform your own decision.”
Do you have to tell renters someone died in the house?
Renting an Apartment where Somone Died
In some states, a landlord has no duty to disclose to a potential tenant that a death occurred on the rental property. Other states legally require the landlord to disclose to the potential tenant that a former occupant or renter died in the unit and how the death occurred.
Do Realtors have to tell you if someone was murdered in a house?
Do sellers have to disclose a death in the house? In most cases, if someone has passed away peacefully in a house, “there’s no legal obligation in most states requiring that [sellers] disclose it,” says Jason Wells, attorney and realtor and partner of Wells Law Group in Phoenix, AZ.
What do you legally have to disclose when selling a house UK?
When selling your house in the UK, you have an obligation to disclose everything about the property in question to potential buyers. With 100% complete information about a property, the buyer must be able to make the right decision.
What should you not say when viewing a house?
Clarke shares a few things you should not say when house hunting:
- Keep major renovation plans to yourself.
- Refraining from negative commentary on the existing décor.
- Never admit that you’ve found your dream home.
- Be careful who and what you ask.
- Be careful when chatting to any of your potential neighbours.
What should you not say when buying a house?
Suggested clip 48 seconds
8 Things Not to Say When Buying a House! – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
Can you trust your Realtor?
A career means longevity and these agents will generally be more business-like and ethical than agents of old. That does not, however, necessarily mean you can trust your residential real estate agent. So, like any profession paid by commission, the agent has a strong incentive to see you close a deal.